The Radiology Group (encompassing Blacktown Medical Imaging, Carlingford Medical Imaging, and High Street Medical Imaging and its satellite imaging sites) respects and upholds the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW), and the Privacy Act 1988.
The Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW) regulates the way in which NSW public and private sector organisations collect, hold, use and disclose an individual’s health information. These standards are contained in 15 Health Privacy Principles (HPPs).
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) sets the standard for the way in which organisations in the private sector collect, hold, use and disclose personal information. These standards are contained in the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). The APPs apply to both public and private sectors. All health service providers in NSW must comply with both state and federal privacy legislation.
- the kinds of personal information that we hold,
- how we collects and hold personal information,
- matters related to anonymity and pseudonymity,
- the purpose for which we hold, collect, use and disclose personal information
- how an individual may access personal information about the individual that is held by the entity and see the correction of such information,
- how an individual may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code (if any) that binds the Radiology Group, and how we will deal with such a complaint
- whether we are likely to disclose information to overseas recipients and;
- if we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients, the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located if it is practicable to specify those countries in the policy.
Privacy Complaints Process
If an individual feels that the Radiology Group has acted improperly or breached the Privacy Act they may make a complaint. Complaints may be lodged in any form (written, verbal email etc.) to the Radiology Group’s Privacy Officer. Where reasonable, we will respond to privacy complaints within 30 days.
If the complainant is unsatisfied with the response from the Radiology Group they may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Radiology Group Privacy Officer Contact Details
Senior Practice Manager
High Street Medical Imaging
PO Box 605
Penrith NSW 2750
P: 02 4789 0009
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
GPO Box 2999
P: 1300 363 992
OAIC Online Privacy Complaint Form